Friday, October 30, 2009

288: Fitness Friday #2

This week's Fitness Friday:

Sorry I'm writing this real late in the day (I have about 20 minutes until it's no longer Friday).


I'll start off with a weigh-in: I went to weigh myself in the morning, but didn't do it as soon as I got up. I did weigh myself after working out, but I drank a lot of powerade, so I think it was a little off. I did gain I believe. It was about 171.6 lbs. I'll be starting Weight Watchers soon kind of-mom has stuff from when she did it about 21 years ago-so I'll be using that and either starting from the beginning or doing a modification of the end. We'll see. I'll try & do next week's Fitness Friday on Weight Watchers-since it'll be a mix of fitness & food.

So this week: I'll talk about the 30 Day Shred.




I've now done this a few days (I think I've done it 4-5 times, but only 2 consecutive), so I can kind of talk about it. I'm going to need to do more days! It's really hard in the beginning-I'm only on level 1. So here's how the shred goes:

There are 3 levels of the shred: 1 (easiest), 2 and 3 (hardest), and each level has three 6 minute "circuits". Each circuit has 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, and the video begins with a warm-up and ends with a cool down. That's the quick, easy version (not that I really know a longer version).

It's pretty intense. I've only done it a few times, but you're doing a lot in a little over 20 minutes, so you know it's gotta be tough for you to get the results in 30 days.

I happened to find a great post by Mrs. Ballet Flat about her experience with the 30 Day Shred!

Hopefully I'll get some good results by doing the shred, and will hopefully be able to show you them!

Have you tried the 30 Day Shred? What results did you see? Do you have another exercise routine/video that you really like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)