Friday, November 27, 2009

260: Fitness Friday #6

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!!!

I know I did, and I'm having another Thanksgiving today! :) Which means, this week's post won't be too long either. I'm trying to get ready so we can get going to get our Christmas tree and then get out to my grandparent's house!

This week was pretty good (and by pretty, I mean awesome)!



Weigh-in:
168.6lbs-a 2.4 lb loss!! I'm really excited! I'm happy that I don't have to worry to much about gaining during the holidays like everyone is afraid of.

This week I'll talk a little bit about Tryptophan & it making people sleepy! I found a couple sites with some interesting information!

It's probably better to go to these sites & just read it over, because I'll just end up copying & pasting. I will put some info here though!

Reasons why you get sleepy after eating turkey:

  1. L-Tryptophan
  2. Carbohydrates
  3. Fat
  4. Alcohol
  5. Overeating
  6. Relaxation
Tryptophan isn't found only in turkeys, it's also found in:
  • Cheese
  • Chicken
  • Eggs
  • Fish
  • Milk
  • Nuts
  • Peanut butter
  • Peanuts
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Sesame seeds
  • Soy
  • Tofu
  • Turkey

It wasn't too interesting, but I've been quite busy today, and with three servings of turkey in me (that I've had over the last 2 days) I'm pretty tired, and really not concentrating on much! :)

Did you eat lots of turkey & get sleepy? Did you eat something other than turkey? What are you doing to keep yourself from gaining weight this holiday season?

Sources:
http://chemistry.about.com/od/holidaysseasons/a/tiredturkey.htm
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002332.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)