Tuesday, November 17, 2009

270: A Lady's Guide to Party Planning

So, I've been wanting to throw a bridal party Christmas party for them all to meet each other, and it would be a nice way for us all to just hang out some.

I'm planning on having the party on December 27th. I'm hoping that it works out that most everyone is able to come to the party. There are 3 OOT guests, so I'm not exactly expecting them to come, but 1 of them should be able to be up here between Christmas & NYE. I'm just hoping that he's able to come to the party! This date will allow the most amount of guest to come though, so hopefully it works!


I've just needed to decide if I want to do presents in either a Secret Santa, Yankee Swap or White Elephant style (presents would be about $10 each-not expensive). Yankee swap & white elephant are pretty similar. White elephant would be a nice way to just do a little present-a fun thing, but it is a little impersonal. The secret Santa style is more personal, but requires more planning, and I'd have to use Elfster or Secret Santa to make sure J & I could participate. I'm still deciding if we should do presents or just enjoy the party, but think it's not a Christmas party until we do some sort of gift exchange. I have a little while to figure it out.

I'm also figuring out where to hold it-my house or J's house. My house we have to worry about my parent's dog barking the whole time, but J's house is a little small. I'll have to figure it out.

I also saw this clip on SNL over the weekend. I'm sure it'll make planning a party much easier. It's a lady's guide to party planning, and it's a nice guide! One of the best clips I've seen on SNL recently.




Did you have a get together for your entire wedding party? How'd it go?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this clip on Sat too! So funny! We are still trying to figure out our wedding party, but since the people we are thinking about are scattered all over the world, it will be difficult to get them all together prior to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! check out my latest post...you won! :) http://katiebug3017.blogspot.com/2009/11/we-have-winner.html
    I just need you to send me your email address, so I can have the information on how to redeem your prize sent to you! :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)