Monday, November 16, 2009

271: Music Monday #4 (Processional)

So I made some changes to my dress decision (that's what I get for being an indecisive girl), so go check out my edits on my post from yesterday!

Today for Music Monday, I'll be doing an option for my processional with my dad.

I really want music that's us, and really like not having to do a traditional song for the processional, when I'm not really crazy about all of the choices.

So, here's my first choice for my processional with my dad. I really like this song, and the lyrics fit (at least I think so!). The lyrics are below. I'm not sure if I'd have them sung or not. If not, I'll have the lyrics printed in the program. What do you think? Have it sung, or just print the lyrics?



(Yes, it is the theme to Shrek-another movie inspired song!)

 Dana Glover - It Is You (I Have Loved) Lyrics

There is something that I see
In the way you look at me
There's a smile, there's a truth in your eyes

But an unexpected way
On this unexpected day
Could it mean this is where I belong
It is you I have loved all along
It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

There were times I ran to hide
Afraid to show the other side
Alone in the night without you

But now I know just who you are
And I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong
It is you I have loved all along

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

Over and over
I'm filled with emotion
Your love, it rushes through my veins

And I am filled
With the sweetest devotion
As I, I look into your perfect face

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved
It is you I have loved
It is you I have loved all along

Did you want a traditional or untraditional song for your processional?

2 comments:

  1. I love the song and think you should definitely try to play it with the lyrics sung or a CD/.mp3 version. We are going with an untraditional processional for sure. I will be blogging about it in the future...Basically, I wanted to hold on to the tradition of classical music but with a twist. So I am playing the Royal Philharmonic's version of Phil Collins' Groovy Kind of Love for the bridesmaids, ring bearers and flower girl entrance. For the song I will walk down the aisle to, it is a big surprise...but I can tell you it involves Rascal Flatt's "The Day Before You"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really cool!! I'll have to see what our musicians can do with singing. We'll be having a friend play guitar & a cousin play violin & FI's foster sister & husband sing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)