It was a hard decision, and I feel bad, but after I got to go to Bath & Body Works to buy some stuff for the girls & for Christmas presents!
I ultimately decided on choosing the bridesmaid's dresses and shoes. It was really hard to do, but I feel like it's a good decision and will hopefully be a little easier on the girls. The evolution of the BM dress decision:
- The first 4 months of the engagement (Feb-June): the girls can choose whatever they want as long as they got the color I wanted.
- After I bought my dress (June-beginning of Nov): the girls can choose from my pre-selected list, all dresses have 2 colors-they get the colors the way I want as long as they get one of those dresses.
- After 3 of the girls tried on dresses I was slowly adding a couple solid color dresses and had to figure out how to add the second color.
- After 2 of the girls liked the dress I ultimately decided on when they tried it last week, I became confused. Do I just add this to the list & they figure out how to add a second color, do I add it to the list and they all just get solid color dresses, or do I have them choose from 3-4 dresses.
- MOH A & I went to Alfred Angelo today and decided that choosing one dress for them all to wear (and she can get what she wants) was the best way to go.
(EDIT: The BM's will be choosing between the 2 fuchsia dresses-the difference is the neckline-one's sweetheart, one's straight, and the first option has a lace-up back)
So, the bridesmaid dress picture makes the dress look different-it looks better on! The MOH dress will have the fuchsia sash/bottom, not the light pink. They can add straps if they want.
I really like both- MOH A can always switch over to a different dress that I approve of if she tries it on & decides she doesn't like it. There are a few others I could recommend if she wanted-if not, I'm fine with this! They're both nice, fun, summery dresses.
Did you go through a lot of different decisions about your girl's dresses?