Friday, November 13, 2009

274: Fitness Friday #4

I've made it a whole month doing Fitness Friday!! Wow! It's really flown by!




I really feel better this week after last weeks disappointing weight gain. I lost some weight and I feel like I look smaller!! We'll see what the numbers say!

This week, after I do my report, I'll talk about a workout guide that I've seen a lot of-Buff Brides. It's not something I'll change over to, but I have seen it mentioned quite a bit, so I thought I'd see what the fuss is about!

So here are the results for the week!! I'm hoping that I measured in the same places that I did before!







  • Weight: 171.2 (1.8 lb loss)


  •  Hips: 39" (1" loss)


  •  Natural Waist: 32" (no change)


  •  Upper Arms: 12.5" (0.5" loss)


  •  Thighs: 24" (1" loss)


  •  Calves: L-16" R-15" (3-4" increase)


  •  BMI: 31.3 (Courtesy of National Institute of Health) (0.1 gain, but I gained weight)

I had a pretty good month!!!! I'm so excited! I gained some weight overall, but I lost inches in my hips and thighs! My calves have gained tons of muscle (not that they really needed to) and I was hoping my arms would some, but they are smaller!

Ok, now some stuff about Buff Brides:



Buff Brides is a workout book that lays out a program to get in shape by the wedding. It can be a 6 week period or a 6 month period, there are different options that you can use.

I really don't have any personal experience with this book, and I don't plan on buying it. I don't feel like it's right for me. It seems like there is a lot of putting it in your schedule, and changing every few weeks or so. That doesn't really work for me. There are many of you that probably love doing this, so I'm posting this for you. In case you have the time to schedule something like this in and you've never heard of it.

You can Google to get information about Buff Brides, and I've also seen a couple of the bees talk about it. Here's what Miss Spaniel and Miss Hamster have to say about it!

I'm finding that for me personally, something that doesn't exactly change works best for me. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred, where I just do the video every day (or almost every day) and the only thing that needs to change is the level I'm on. I just need the motivation to do it every day (which is still going)! The problem I had with theknot's workout and would have with this one is that you have to do a certain amount of things for a certain amount of time each week. It's just too flexible for me.

I know I didn't put tons of information in here about what Buff Brides is, but I hope that if you've never heard of it before, I gave you something new to try!!

Do you do better with really "flexible" or more "strict" workouts?

1 comment:

  1. I like change - I did the 30 day shred and the one thing I didn't like was that it was the same everyday for 10 days!

    Check out my blog post today http://www.misspinkspinklife.blogspot.com/ there is a surprise on there for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)