Tuesday, December 22, 2009

235: Christmas Survey

I saw this on a few different blogger's pages so I thought I'd join in on the fun!! For some reason, all the pictures happen to be from 2007, with the exception of Daisy. They're all my photos BTW.



Josh & I in 2007



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love opening presents wrapped in wrapping paper, and I do like giving gifts in wrapping paper, but sometimes bags have to be used.



Daisy's first Christmas                     Lily guarding her presents



2. Real tree or Artificial? I grew up using fake trees, and I really love them because it's easy to hang ornaments on them, but I do love the smell of real trees. I know Josh will want to be using only real trees, so I'll just have to deal with it.

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving. Hopefully J will be ok with that.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Years Day or around then.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it!




It's not eggnog, but it is a drink!
At my grandparent's Christmas Eve 2007

6. Favorite gift received as a child? No clue. Every year we get stuff we really want. Probably the newest game system.


7. Hardest person to buy for? Josh. He never tells you what he wants

8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom. If she doesn't buy everything for you, it's so easy to pick out what she wants because it's so obvious! 




Me & Mom Christmas 2007

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We like to mail them, but it does get expensive. Maybe we'll see about e-mailing them someday. Some people don't have an e-mail address, so we'd have to do "real" ones either way.


11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  Probably a sweater that I never wore.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf or Rudolph, even though that's not really a movie.




*Speaking of Elf*

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can. I like to start early & put stuff away.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably at some point.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies!




Making cookies. Santa looks like a bandit!

16. Lights on the tree? Yes! Are there trees without them?


17. Favorite Christmas song? Ohhhh I like a bunch. We Three Kings, O Holy Night, Songs from Rudolph, Away in a Manger, and some "modern" ones.


18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?  We do both. Every year we go to my dad's parents on Christmas Eve. Every other year we go to my grandparent's house on Christmas Day.




Me & Grandma Christmas 2007



19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen & Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?  Either. I kind of like the star better, but I'll buy the one I like best.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?  Both.  You can read #18, so I do both, but with my immediate family I open on Christmas morning, and with Josh we've been opening on Christmas Eve, but I can't wait to open them on Christmas morning next year!!


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The huge amounts of crowds and procrastination.


23. Favorite ornament theme or color?  Anything I like. I like nice ornaments and will use almost anything as long as I like it. We have a lot of the Hallmark ornaments and those gold engraveable ones.


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Pasta

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? This year I don't really want anything huge like I have before. I'm completely fine with registry items.





Me & Lily 2007

26. Have you ever been caroling? I don't think so, not that I can remember, but I guess it's possible I could have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)