Wednesday, December 16, 2009

241: Review: Digital Room

Yesterday I finally got the poster I won from Katie over at Random Reflections of a Perfectionist a few weeks ago!

I won an 18x24 poster from UPrinting Sponsorships, and after getting our Christmas card pictures done, we decided to use one of those pictures:


Huge thanks to my cousin/BM AG for taking the pictures for us!





Ordering the poster was really easy to do! Now, I had to follow a special link and then follow directions, but it was clear and easy to follow, and I didn't get confused. I would assume going on their site normally would be just as easy.

They told me how to upload, what to do, and how to make my choices. The only thing that I didn't really like was trying the proofing. When I uploaded the picture, it didn't look like it was going to take up the whole space, only a small square in the center, so I chose to get the PDF proof sent to me, so I could approve everything before it was printed. The proof was supposed to come within 24 hours, but it took about 4 days to come. When I got my proof, the picture took up the whole space! I approved the design, and a few days later I got an e-mail saying it shipped, and yesterday I got it in the mail! Overall, it took almost 2 weeks, but I'm very happy with the end product! I only wish that I did some editing on the picture, and didn't just submit it. It's very cute, but I do wish there was some more color.

The poster hung up:





Pros & Cons:

Pros:
  • Easy to follow
  • Allowed for approval before printing the picture
  • Great product-the paper & quality is great
Cons:
  • Proofing part is a little confusing-unsure if you're going to get what you want
  • Cost-they are expensive, I wouldn't have gone there if I didn't win this
  • Took a while to send the proof when they say it takes 12-24 hours

Overall:
If you have the money to spend on anything from them, I would highly recommend going to them to get a poster or anything else that they make.

Have you had any experiences with Digital Room? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you received it and were happy with the product! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)