I recently finished up "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I saw it somewhere on Weddingbee I think, but I know Mrs Duckling wrote a post about it.
If you're looking for a good way to feel like you did when you first met your significant other, or feel like you guys are drifting apart, I highly recommend this book. I feel like this is good for anyone: dating, engaged or married, because it helps you see what your SO (and you) like, and best ways to interact with them to make them happy.
If you're looking for the book:
Basically, the five languages are:
- Physical Touch: Touch, which can be hand holding, playing with hair, massages, and sex.
- Quality Time: Spending time with your SO, and not just necessarily doing things. This can be cuddling, talking, or things like that.
- Words of Affirmation: Praise. Good, nice praise.
- Acts of Service: You like your SO doing things for you. Taking out the garbage, starting the laundry, or anything to help out.
- Receiving Gifts: This is pretty obvious. You like presents!
Josh and I took the quiz, and we found that he's physical touch, and I'm quality time. I've been more conscoius of how I'm acting around him, and making sure I try holding his hand, giving him a kiss, or something else of that nature (except sex, but that will change in about 201 days. ;) Oh yeah!). I'm not sure if Josh has tried too hard to spend more quality time with me, but I have been off from school. That means I'm home a lot, and when he's done with work, I go to his house for a while. It's been pretty good so far!
Go check it out! It's a great book. Even if you don't want to buy it to read it, you and your SO should go online to take the test!