Monday, January 4, 2010

222: Music Monday #11 (First Dance)

Since we're done picking the ceremony music, I'm going to figure out some of the reception music!

I've come across many different songs that could be used as a first dance song. I've listed out a lot of them, but Josh never wants to approve any of them. I'm pretty set on having one song as our first dance song, but still on the look out for something that describes us.

The first song I'm going to share is what I really want to go with. I've planned on having this as my first dance song since long before I met Josh, and have always loved it. Josh always knew it was my favorite song, and when he proposed to me last Valentine's Day, he played this song for us to dance to right before he proposed. After that, I want this as our first dance song even more!

Finally, here's my number one option for our first dance:



I Cross My Heart - George Strait

Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start.
I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart.
From here on after let's stay the way we are right now,
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete,
And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.
As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see,
So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm,
You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine,
A love as true as mine. 



Were you set on your first dance song before you met your fiance?

2 comments:

  1. I played around with a few different ideas for our first dance song. But when Mr Fix It and I both agreed we'd like to take lessons and then do some kind of upbeat swing dance for our first dance, I began to try to find a song that would be for the dance AND our relationship. I have two great ideas in mind but think Mr Fix It wants something way more lively and rock n roll style than what I am going for. We'll have to see how this compromise works out once we begin lessons this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. You cannot beat King George! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)