Saturday, March 5, 2011

6: Recycling Makes a Great Flower Girl Basket!

After deciding what I want my Flower Girl to carry, I ended up getting her basket from a wedding she was in a few years ago. Luckily, I have some dark purple accents, so rather than trying to take off the existing ribbon, I just added the other colors over it!

I wanted to step up the elegance level, so I decided to add a fabric lining to the basket, hopfully making it a little easier to pull the pedals out of.

EDIT: The first two paragraphs I wrote last March, and I actually did the work on the basket about 6 days before the wedding. Honestly, I think I did add the fabric lining, but I completely forgot, since it's been about 6 months since I've done it! Please forgive me! I'll show you the before and after of what I did do though!

So, I did get the basket from the other wedding:

Before (Personal Photo)

The color of the other wedding was dark purple, and luckily for me, I had that as an accent color, so less work for me!

After (Taken by a guest)
Isn't she soooo adorable?!

I added pink and yellow ribbon to the basket, making sure it fit the color scheme completely! It looked great, and honestly, it didn't matter if there was the lining in it or not. She did a great job!

Did something you borrow turn out to be an easy project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)