Saturday, May 1, 2010

105: Cake Testing Almost 20 Years in the Making

We have been going to our baker for close to 20 years. I have no idea when we started going there, but it was shortly after we moved to town in 1990. We have gotten every birthday cake from this baker, and I was hoping to get pictures from when we first started getting cakes, but I couldn't do it without searching through and scanning pictures.

Our baker is inside a local grocery store, Big M. We love the cakes, the make wedding cakes, and even better, since the reception venue is right across the street, there will be no delivery charge! Here are some cakes we've gotten in the last five years:


One for my 16th birthday


One for my grandpa & uncle


One for my 20th birthday


One for my 21st birthday


One for my grandma

Our plan is to get a sheet cake or two, and get a 2 or 3 tiered cake to have on display. 

Now, to just figure out what we want and the design! We both like marble, so we might go for that. I know I want a square cake, we just need to figure out a design we like. I need to do that research soon!

Was your baker an easy decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)