Monday, July 12, 2010

33: Double the Showers, Double the Fun!

I was blessed to get two bridal showers, one for my side of the family, and one for Josh's side and church. The one for Josh's family & church was held first, on June 9th. The one for my side was held on June 19th.


Some pictures of that shower:

Watermelon carving of our "official" engagement picture


The entire bag was filled with towels from my mom. There were towels for each season, which she got from Kohls. My favorite gift out of both showers.


My cake!
We took a cake break in the middle of presents because I had so many :)


Another favorite present. A got a tin full of Christmas items for decorating and wrapping, along with these stockings!


Two of the three official hostesses, BMs & FSILs.


4 out of the 6 BMs + the FG were there. Not bad.

The other one was on June 19th. Some pictures of that shower:


BMs hard at work


Wedding night attire from my mom, which I picked out :)


3 of the 6 BMs. The blood related ones.

The cake!


Grandma, Mom, Me & Oma


FMIL, me & Future Grandma in Law

I had an awesome time at both showers & feel so lucky to have so many people that love me! The first shower was completely overwhelming, which really surprised me. There were between 30-40 people there, it was the first one I've really paid attention at, so I had no idea what to expect. The second one was much more relaxing, and had about 20 people there, and about half the amount of presents. I got a lot of presents that will be very useful as I start my new life!

Were any of your showers overwhelming? Aren't they just so fun!?

4 comments:

  1. Awww, looks like a lot of fun! I would love to get those towels and nightie as a gift too! I haven't been showered yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I've never seen a watermelon carving before, that's pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had so much fun at your showers! And wow, that watermelon carving is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does awesome watermelons!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)