Saturday, March 5, 2011

9: A Major Committment

You saw that one of my inspiration pieces was about dyed crinoline (or a slip). I decided that it was something I really wanted to do, since I had to wear one tomake sure my dress fit better. It wasn't that hard, and all I did was Google how to dye crinoline. There are plenty of tutorials out there.


Just opened from the mail!

Hanging up (oops, forgot to rotate!)


On the floor, ready to get dyed!

Into the washer-I let it agitate for about a half hour. I got nervous about the color at this point.

Water coming from the washer

Drying. Perfect!


Did you decide to dye your crinoline? How did it turn out? What color did you do?

*All photos personal photos

2 comments:

  1. Rather then dying a crinoline since I really didn't want to wear one I purchased fuchsia tulle and had it sewn into my dress so when I lifted my dress to walk, etc. you could see the fuchsia. LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally planned on not wearing it the whole time, but ended up leaving it on (just like my shoes!). I loved how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)