Thursday, November 3, 2011

9: Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I realized that I haven't talked much about what I want to do with my hair. I planned on having it done half up-half down. I had decided to go with a spa rather than where I've grown up getting my hair done (and have had it done for every major dance I've ever been to). This was decided after I had talked to a friend (who owns her own salon), and she had been booked for a wedding on the same day as mine, so she wouldn't have been able to do it.

I decided to go to Solutions Studio and Spa to get my hair and make-up done. I felt better going to a spa, since they can generally work with oily skin types a little better. The only thing that I didn't like was that I had to pay full price for the trial and event day! That was $210! I went in and had my trial, and we did half up-half down, using my extensions:

This is the only one I could find-we went to Alfred Angelo after the trial to get pictures.


Not bad. I wasn't in love, but it looked really nice, so I thought of some things that could be done to make it look a little better on the actual event day (Like using more extensions, making my face NOT look oily).

Well, it was about 2 weeks or so after the trial that I got a call from Solutions. It was the person who had done my hair (I found out later she was the one of the manager's daughters) saying she had the chance to go on vacation the SAME weekend as my wedding, and wouldn't be able to do my hair. I had 2 choices: go with someone else (meaning, I could go in and have another trial with that person, which would be another $105) or cancel my (and all of the girls) appointment. I decided to cancel. I ended up losing $105, but it was way better than not loving my hair.

At that point, I didn't know where I was going for the wedding. My friend still couldn't do it, and I was worried that asking the women who has done my hair forever would be to late. Luckily, a few days later, I got a phone call from my friend saying that she was canceled for the wedding she had on my wedding day, and that I was probably already booked, but she was just letting me know. How perfect! I told her the story and that I'd want to go in soon for a trial with her and have her do my hair. It didn't work out to go in for my hair trial until 9 days before the wedding (trying to work out after the surgery and treatment and all the other doctor and wedding appointments I had in that 2 month period), but I trusted her and knew she would be able to do a great job. And she did!







I told her that I was going for a half up-half down look, but if she thought something else better, then she could try it. She wanted to try something to see if I'd like and I just let her. I wasn't sure at first, but the more I looked at the pictures, the more I really loved it! She even mentioned me getting a flower clip to put in the back/bottom part.

Did you have a major cancelation after you've put a lot of time and effort into the decision?

*All photos are personal photos

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I would have been really mad and demanded my money back from the place that canceled on me!! You have a much more easygoing attitude :) also your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Had I had more time, I may not have been so easy going and demanded money back, but it was so close that I didn't even think about it!

      Delete

I love getting feedback & comments! Leave me something :)